RE: Yet another tool for Command_line_history for Linux DBA

  • From: "Marquez, Chris" <CMarquez@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:15:10 -0500

For those of us with "fat fingers" this would be a blessing.

I can not tell you how many times I fail to simply type v$istnance,
v$instnace, v$instance!
And often...and I mean often, I will run this little select in a spool
and to eye-ball that I'm in the right place before rolling out some
DDL...

And about those debug sessions with your developers when you might
select from dba_tab_privs, dba_sys_privs, and dba_role_privs, over, and
over again to verify grants and privs...

To bad it is only for Linux.

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA
HEYMONitor(tm) - heymonitor.com