RE: Yet Another Export Question

  • From: "Justin Cave (DDBC)" <jcave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 01:06:31 -0600

There is a tables clause for the export utility, but that would require
that you list all the tables you do want to export, which may not be
ideal.

You could move the table in question to a special tablespace and just
list the tablespaces you want to export.

If you're on 9i, you could look into doing incremental exports.  If the
table doesn't change at all, it won't be exported in an incremental
export (though if it does change, all the rows will be exported).

Are you using export to perform database backup?  If so, you may want to
consider switching to a more robust backup strategy, one that lets you
do incremental backups.  Logical backups via export are generally not
sufficient by themselves anyway-- you want some sort of physical backup.

Justin Cave
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC