Yanıt: oracle-l Digest V5 #346

  • From: tonguc.yilmaz@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 13:58:53 +0000

Bu e-posta, Turkcell BlackBerry ile gönderilmiştir.

Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 02:05:08
To: oracle-l digest users<oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: oracle-l Digest V5 #346

oracle-l Digest Sat, 13 Dec 2008        Volume: 05  Issue: 346

In This Issue:
                Re: Simple insert - 36,000 physical reads
                Swap Usage
                Re: Swap Usage
                RE: 10g slowdown
                RE: 10g slowdown
                RE: Export import problem
                Re: Swap Usage

Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 10:06:25 +0100
From: "Stefan Knecht" <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Simple insert - 36,000 physical reads

If you grab the SQL and run it yourself in a session manually (using
autotrace or sql trace) do you see the same effect ?
For things like this a SQL trace would also reveal where the IO takes place
(file#, block#) and any recursive sql occurring through triggers, vpd, or
whatever else there might be.

Stefan

=========================

Stefan P Knecht
Senior Consultant
Systems Engineering

OPITZ CONSULTING Schweiz GmbH
Seestrasse 97
CH-8800 Thalwil

Mobile +41-79-571 36 27
stefan.knecht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.opitz-consulting.ch

OCP 9i/10g SCSA SCNA
=========================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 16:08:03 +0530
From: "Amit Verma" <in.amitverma@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Swap Usage

Dears,
How I can verify actual swap usage by the system.

Thanks in advance,
Amit Verma

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 13:53:07 +0000
From: "Howard Latham" <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Swap Usage

Version of Oracle version of os what Os
man -k swap - for linux

--
Howard A. Latham

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 06:56:59 -0800 (PST)
From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: 10g slowdown

William,

You can also compare all rows in v$ses_optimizer_env for the SAP session and
the sqlplus session. In case the SAP session set some events early on, find
them by SQL trace with a session logon trigger, or
oradebug setos(ora)pid xxx
oradebug dump events 1
and read the trace file.

Also, when checking another session's execution plan, explain plan should not
be used. Use v$sql_plan or dbms_xplan.display_cursor.

Yong Huang

------------------------------

From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 10:34:51 -0500

The link below is the perfect explanation of why all y'all should vote yes
whenever presented with a chance to vote for (under various names and
aliases ever since 7.0 - it was the only behavior possible for 6.x and
earlier) "private parse" aka "non-shared parse", "reparse", that has always
be deferred because it went against the tide of maximum simultaneous user
scalability.

Imagine rejecting the use of the shared pool! That simply will not scale as
well as using the shared pool in the general case if even a small percentage
of queries are reused. But when parse storms make searching for the existing
sql text a latch nightmare, when skewed data with binds (as the article
points out in the clearest [as usual for TK] explanation and documentation
I've ever seen), or various and sundry other special cases, directing the
use of a private sql area would in fact be a panacea. Even if they only
implemented it in shared memory with some kind of canard like
sql_trace=psuedo to mark the cursor fresh and unshared this would solve all
the cases I can think of except the parse storm (and of course since you
know you're not going to reuse the shared text sql_trace in general could
skip the search anyway to solve that problem).

I'm against the routine use of hints and the like unless you have to to get
around a problem - in the long haul that puts future improvements to the CBO
in a strait jacket - but the quantitative knowledge of predictive skewness
of bind variable choices is a time machine question unlikely to be solved
any time soon now, so make up your own version of this enhancement request,
file it, and vote for it in all the forums you see.

Or explain to me a better way to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance, and regards,

mwf

From: John Hallas <John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 16:28:15 +0000
Subject: RE: Export import problem

Not sure of what your export parameters are but a better option is to count
objects after the import rather than size

select count(*), object_type from dba_objects where owner='PSI' group by
object_type;

select count(*), object_type from dba_objects where owner='PSI_DUP' group by
object_type; (or use owner in)

For the export check the estimate option for expdp which tells you how big the
export file is likely to be

A expdp command for a copy schema might be

nohup expdp system/password schemas=PSI flashback_scn–209618 directory=EXPORTS
dumpfile= PSI_EXPDAT_131208.DMP logfile= PSI_EXPDP_131208.LOG estimate=blocks &

copy the dmp file to the IMPORT directory if it is different from EXPORT

nohup impdp system/password schemas=PSI remap_schemas=PSI_DUP directory=IMPORT
dumpfile=PSI_EXPDAT_131208.DMP logfile=PSIDUP_IMPDP_131208.LOG &

www.jhdba.wordpress.com

________________________________
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 23:07:01 +0530
From: "Amit Verma" <in.amitverma@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks Howard,

But what I want to know the actual usage of the SWAP in the below:

  [great@test01 ~]$ free -t –m

Mem:         32132      32107         24          0        202      26510

-/+ buffers/cache:       5393      26738

Swap:         2047       2047          0

Total:       34179      34154         24

[agilis@omzdwcdrp009 ~]$

Thanks,
AV

--