Re: X$DBGALERTEXT

  • From: Andy Klock <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wolfson Larry - lwolfs <lawrence.wolfson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 11:09:10 -0500

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Niall Litchfield <
niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Andy - I'm sure that doc didn't exist when I was first looking at
ADR in the 11.1 early days, and why the policy names have that extra P is
beyond me..
I think you are right.  I did a presentation about the XML version of the
alert log (and this X table) and remember having to give a best guess at
what I thought was "LONGP" and "SHORTP".  During the talk I let the "P" be
silent, otherwise I sounded like Porky Pig.

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Wolfson Larry - lwolfs <
lawrence.wolfson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Andy, Niall.

Sorry If I wasn?t clear.  On the Skipped a lot I just didn?t send every day.

On the bottom you saw 102 rows selected.

Ah, I missed that.  Still, you mentioned that you have DBs that are missing
data when querying X$DBGALERTEXT.  That is still a puzzle to me.