XA AUTHENTICATION + OID

  • From: "Post, Ethan" <Ethan.Post@xxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:30:14 -0600

OK, I know nothing about what I am about to speak of but I hope someone can
help.

We have an application built in Powerbuilder and another component built
using .Net and a Java JBOSS midtier. Top Link also fits in here somewhere.
The midtier uses XA authentication, whatever that is, to somehow
authenticate the users coming in via the midtier.  All I know is I install
the initxa.sql file in ORACLE_HOME/javavm/install.

The fear is that implementing OID is going to break all this.  Can anyone
enlighten me. I can't see any reason the Powerbuiler app won't be able to
use OID to authenticate to the database but I can see how the XA stuff might
break.  Anybody done any work like this?

Thanks,
Ethan