Re: Wrong results using decode when db upgraded to 9205

  • From: Daniel Fink <Daniel.Fink@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 12:07:49 -0600

In my testing, I've found the RULE hint still works. If I remove
the RULE hint from the previous statement, it uses hash joins.
With the hint, it uses nested loop joins. Also, if I rerun the
query slightly altered (to get a new hard parse) with 10053, it
shows that the CBO is not used, no calculations are made, no
join orders are attempted. This tells me that the RBO engine is
being used.

The old rules about RBO and CBO still apply.

Regards,
Daniel