RE: Wrong Results - Bad Execution Plan

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 10:38:39 -0700

Thanks for the update.  I just ran counts of the "wrong results" bug
fixes in all patchsets from 9.2.0.2 to 10.2.0.4 and 10.2.0.4 is the
highest by far with 180!  So, I think it's not just our imagination that
the software is getting buggier as complexity increases (this was
discussed in another thread recently).  Maybe Oracle will get to the
point some day of offering a stripped down version for all of us that
don't need the extra functionality and just want reliability and
consistency.  Well, I guess we do still have the option of running
8.1.7.4 since it's under Lifetime Sustaining Support :-)