Wrong Plan after invalidation

  • From: "A. Coskan Gundogar" <gundogar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 16:59:50 +0300

Hi Folks

We have a report query with bind variables. This query has 20 sql_childs.
when we use literals which are taken from the sql_bind_capture view the
query uses the optimal plan.I have invalidated the plan   which was using
the child 18 with a simple ddl operation.  but CBO start to use the wrong
plan of the child 20 (we tried its literals too  and explain plan output
gives the right plan).

Why doesn't CBO create a new right plan for me as a child 21  instead of
using a stored wrong one  when i invalidate the plan ???

I hope i am clear with the situation

Thanks

--
A. Coskan GUNDOGAR