RE: Would you recommend such an application for production use?

  • From: "Joel Slowik" <jslowik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:27:29 -0500

"
 - the owner of the application schema grants almost complete access on
 its schema to public. The rationale is that the application needs to
 allow a user logging into the database through the frontend access to
 its schema
"

We have had the same setup here. The work-around was to create a role
which most users are granted.

Confidentiality Note: This electronic message transmission is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that
is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you have
received this transmission, but are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please contact Continuum Performance Systems at {203.245.5000} and
delete and destroy the original message and all copies.