Re: Would you recommend such an application for production use?

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:07:04 -0800

comments inline:

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Goulet, Richard <
Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Brother does this list ever produce mountains of messages in  the blink
> of an eye!!

Hey, it's a vital community!  :)

> OK, so while creating objects in the sys schema is not the most
> brilliant thing to do it's not exactly totally unknown.

I think it is a good idea for the DBA in question to provide some documented
security concerns for such issues if possible, in addition to the support
concerns.

As decisions to buy a product are almost never based on input from a DBA,
it is still valid for the DBA to raise concerns.

That way when the tidal wave of problems rushes in, the DBA is in a
fairly secure position.  Even better if she/he already knows how to deal
with the problems.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com