Re: Workload Write vs. Read Ratio

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: postora@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 17:08:15 +0100

Andrew,

I read your email like this:
* you want to know the charateristics of your applications workload
* you collect some metrics
* now you somehow mistrust your data as you know there is more you can
measure out there?

just give it a try: try if you find a good correlation between the
workload and the metrics you collected. (Excel is fine in doing so)
If the correlation is good, you are lucky. otherwise you have to find
more/other metrics.

that's not the best answer, but hopefully a start
 Martin