RE: Windows desktop sqlplus client faster than solaris sqlplus client

  • From: "Lange, Kevin G" <kevin.lange@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <suresh.gm@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 17:05:00 -0500

What comes to my mind is the setup of TNS on the server.

Are you forcing it to go out and route back in by  the nature of how the
configuration is set up ?

In our case, each TNS entry on the server has an IPC connection setup so
that calls to the database from the database server never leave the
local network setup.

Maybe you might want to start by looking there.

Kevin

#2:c=0,e=749,dep=0,type=0,tim=6200280508169

Windows desktop sqlplus client
WAIT #2: nam='SQL*Net message from client' ela= 221491 driver
id=1413697536 #bytes=1 p3=0 obj#=-1 tim=6199138319534 CLOSE
#2:c=0,e=95,dep=0,type=0,tim=6199138320012

Can someone please help how to deteremine why the same sql takes more
time in solaris sqlplus client? Please let me know if you need to see
the complete 10046 traces. Will network/listener/solaris dtraces help?

Thanks a lot,
Suresh