Windows client

  • From: LeRoy Kemnitz <lkemnitz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 13:52:55 -0600

I have read many articles and forums on the Security Alert #68.   I have
applied my patches to the server, 9.2.0.5 on aix 5.1.  My last concern
is about the clients - Oracle recommends we patch the clients as well.
There is no way to mass update all the clients at once.  We would need
to visit each machine - we are talking 100's of machines.  My questions
is - Do we need to?   If the server is patched, what vulnerabilites
would there be from the client?  How are the rest of you handling this?
I am leaning towards not updating the clients.

LeRoy