Re: Windows Client Install Crashes

  • From: Michael J Pecoraro <mikejp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 13:50:37 -0400

Did your colleague check the file digest (sha1/sha256) after download?  I once encountered the same behavior.  The downloaded file was corrupt.  After re-downloading the file and confirming the digest, the install ran successfully.

Mike

On 7/22/20 1:15 PM, MacGregor, Ian A. (Redacted sender ian for DMARC) wrote:

A colleague is trying to install. the Win32 12201  client on a Windows 10 box.  The install is crashing immediately.  The only thing we can find in regard to this problem is to make sure the install is done as an administrator.  This is how the install is being done.   My colleague has been successful installing on prior Windows versions.

The crash happens before any files are written.  This particular client  is necessary to support a third party application per the vendor.

I also couldn't figure out how to open an SR on a  client.  Nothing Ityped into the product filtering box worked.

Has anyone been able to install this particular client on Windows 10.  How did you get around the  error

Ian MacGregor
SLAC NATIONAL ACCELERATOR LABORATORY