Re: Windows 2008 n 11gR1 clusterware

  • From: Karl Arao <karlarao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Arvind Kumar (IT-SIS-UIF)" <Arvind.Kumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 17:43:08 +0800

Hi Arvind,

I think it should not ask for username/password

Phil Newlan has got some good step by step guide on RAC installation on
Windows. I think it is also mentioned here  "RAC Assurance Support Team: RAC
Starter Kit (Windows) Doc ID: 811271.1"

The OS user you use for the installation must be the following:

"Run the installation as the local Administrator account, The local admin
username and password must be the same on both nodes. If you must use a
domain account, then you must ensure that the domain user is explicitly
declared as a member of the local Administrators (not granted membership to
this group through another group) on each node in the cluster."

--
Karl Arao
karlarao.wordpress.com