Re: Will 10g install on any Linux???

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mladen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 13:35:25 -0500

On 02/02/2004 01:16:47 PM, Jay Weinshenker wrote:
> Oracle has been saying for over a year that they only want to support
> Oracle on certified Linux combos.

Support has never been an issue, because I've never asked them  to
support my hacked Linux installation at home. I do need it, however
for  the "proof of concept" excercises. As the installer is written in
Java, I have no doubts that I'll be able to crack it open and install
the sucker. The only thing is that oracle is getting more and more
annoying and requiring more and more effort to install the software. At
the end of the day, I might decide that the excercise is
not worth the effort. If oracle is trying to stimulate people to get
away from it, they're doing a good job. That would be completely
congruent with their handling of the new release so far.
Thanks for the uname.