Re: Why does a datafile extend a very large amount at very infrequent intervals?

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hemantkchitale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: richa03@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 09:44:58 +0800

Thanks for this note.
I had upgraded a database from 11.1.0.6 to 11.2.0.3
I then noticed the datafiles extending significantly more than expected.
 It is a sort of a datawarehouse where there are DROP and TRUNCATE and
CREATE commands.
Once I set autoextend OFF on the datafiles, the growth of the datafiles
stopped.

Hemant

--

Hemant K Chitale