Re: Why an organization would need an enterprise DB team

  • From: "tomac.yao@xxxxxxxxx" <tomac.yao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: epanosian@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 18:54:52 +0800

hi!
Some enterprises have been operating in all business computer systems, the
database is the most important. There is a database administrator and
technical personnel to ensure the normal operation . This is the reason DBA
exist.

On 18/03/07, EPA <epanosian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Hi guys,

I guess I was not enough clear. The coming re-org wants to separate the
DBAs between 1) operational (backup, recovery, upgrade...) and 2)
application (logical design, physical design,...) and move the 2nd group to
application services team. This means they will report and follow AS
managers/directors. And I would like to proof and keep them in one group.

I don't have any doubt about having DBA competency in development team,
what I am looking is the cons if we separate the team and pros if we keep
them together.

Thanks again,

Estifan Panosian

12:12 PM