Re: Why a rebuild speeds up my queries.

  • From: "Richard Foote" <richard.foote@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 22:22:27 +1000

Hi David,

Your "table fetch continued row" count has certainly plummeted so
something's changed there.

When you say dba_tables shows nothing, you don't by any chance use
dbms_stats to analyze as chain_cnt is only calculated with the "old" analyze
command (else you just get a 0).

In which case, yes, your pctfree is buggered.

Just a thought.

Cheers

Richard