Who executed top queries

  • From: "George Leonard" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 22:13:35 +0200

Hi all

Customer asked me this, as far as I am aware not possible but thought I
would just double check.

I gave them the standard report show top queries by number of times
executed, rows accessed, buffer blocks accessed etc.

They now turn around and asked if I can tell them who executed those
queries.

I know a lot of changes and additions has been done to the dictionary
but as far as I know this information is not there.

Comment, did I miss something or am I still correct in my assumption.

Other than enabling auditing and recording who is executing what and
then matching this up with the top queries I don't know of any way to
get this.

Hmm, is it possible to tell the system via say a log in trigger to store
every query a user execute into a table?

Suggestions.

George Leonard

Email: george@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Coding is easy. All you do is sit staring at a terminal until the drops
of blood form on your forehead.