Who Write Undo Information From The DbCache To The Physically UndoDatafile.

  • From: Sheldon Quinny <sheldonquinny@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 15:07:41 +0530

Hi,
I Got An Question , Been Searching The Documentation .. Not Getting An
Hang Of It.

I Would Like To Know , If Undo Block Is Brought In The Buffer Cache,
During An Update.. SO What Process Write The Undo Block [Old Image] To
The Physically Undo Datafile.

And The Storage Way To Save Information On The Undo Datafile Is
Diffrent From Normal Datafile..

I Would Like Some One To Help Me Explain .. Who Writes The Undo Image
And How Is The Flow Work On From Buffer Cache To Undo Datafile.

Can U Give Me Autentication Of This In The Oracle 9i Documentation.

My Basic Logic Say So , DBWR Does The Writting Of The Data From The
Cache To The Datafile. And UnDo Is Also An Datafile...But A Senior Dba
Says Its The Server Process That Does The Writes In The Undo Datafile.

Its An Senior Dba Word..So I Am Wondering. How Can I Give An
Explanation Of Dbwr Doing Writing ..And Not Server Process.

<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_thread/thread/b086f1f5cb8848a4/d0ead446037ee5a8?hl=en#>

 Thank You ,
 Sheldon Quinny