Re: Which query is best?

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sjaffarhussain <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:30:10 -0800

Hi Syed,

Not sure if you mentioned the Database version where this runs. A while ago
I had written a short article on using ORA_ROWSCN to provide optimistic
locking in 10g. Let me know if you need this article and I can email it to
you.

The other side of the issue is this: What is your App Server tier that runs
this application? If you are running a stateless connection, you really
cannot (and should not) expect pessimistic locking to work.

--
John Kanagaraj <><
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnkanagaraj