RE: Which Linux??

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "contactarul@xxxxxxxxx" <contactarul@xxxxxxxxx>, "david.cheyne@xxxxxxxxx" <david.cheyne@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:31:14 -0500

Arul,

Since Ubuntu is a Debian-based distribution, you'll need to "fix" some stuff
before running the installer, and you'll need to run with the -ignoreSysPreReqs
option.  If you do a Google search for "oracle on ubuntu 7.10", you get lots of
hits.

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies

ProQuest...Start here.