Re: Which Linux??

  • From: Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rodd.Holman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:08:36 -0700

I used Oracle's Linux to build my test RAC (VMware, etc).  I use Fedora
Core 7 for my other Linux boxes and have 9i/10g/11g running on them.  I
can say that Data Guard works between the cluster and one of my Fedora
boxes as well.  I had issues with ext3 and CentOS a few years ago but
that seems to be isolated to me.

If you're going to play with ASM, I think you lose raw disk support
after 2.6.9.  I have it at 2.6.9-42 but not at 2.6.23.12-52.

Kevin