Re: Where, oh where, did my directory go?

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 16:08:30 -0500 (CDT)

Joe writes:

Without going into the details, I came across something strange in my
environments today. Basically, I have a 12c pluggable database where a
user-created directory does not show up in dba_directories. I have another
one where it works as expected. These are simply the single, pluggable
database that can be created without licensing the feature. Utilities like
data pump work as expected in both databases. I just don't see an entry in
dba_directories. There are undoubtedly differences between the servers,
notably the version of Linux. But I don't know if that's any issue.

I see you're logged in as SYSTEM and the directory is owned by SYS. I'd
have thought that the SELECT ANY DICTIONARY of the DBA role would allow that
to be viewed, but I only have 11.2 here.

Just a thought...

Rich