Re: Where does STATSPACK save its reports generated with spreport

  • From: Larry Kelly <ldk2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:17:52 -0700

Thanks for all the clues. Here is what I found out.

This instance of Oracle is on Window 2003 server. Remote access is via a
terminal server, with load balancing. The statspack report files were saved
to the default directory, which in this case was 'My Documents', for the
current user. The files are physically stored on whichever terminal server
the TS manager routed my user account to for that session. So my reports
were scattered over several TS servers. To make matters worse, the SA
assigned me a different login and profile, ( for reasond I won't bore you
with here :)). Consequently, all my previously generated reports disappeared
and wouldn't show up when I did a 'Search' of the harddrive. Makes you long
for the good 'o' days, when all you had was a shell account into a 'nix'
box. Niall's comment about being able to specify a path with the alternative
file name helped me verify that the reports were actually being generated.