Re: Where are specific waits stored in GC repository?

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 11:10:23 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Harel,

> I believe that the historical data that you see is derived from AWR
> tables (dba_hist_* tables) in the monitored database and not from GC's
> repository.
> The mgmt$metric_* views are for metric details and I haven't seen
> metrics related to specific wait events in GC.

I've been following up on your feedback.  The Help link in Grid Control does
indeed state that the information is coming from AWR and ASH for 10g.  I
doubt this is true however, since in GC I can scroll back in history past
the oldest available snapshot from target DB's DBA_HIST_* tables.  I also
have 10gR1, and I believe ASH wasn't available until 10gR2.

I think I'm going to open an SR and find out.  Hopefully I'll get the answer
I'm looking for.

Thanks much!

Rich