Re: When one can call oneself expert

  • From: Thomas Day <tomday2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:18:46 -0800

I find that my best answer is, "I don't know, yet, but I will."  I
don't have the answer at my fingertips but I do know where in the
documentation to look for them (and which mail list to ask if the
documentation doesn't have the answer).

I would guess that being seen as an Oracle expert consists of having
made all the big mistakes somewhere else and not repeating them on
this job.

BTW - I just found out that if you have a Java app querrying your
database and you have lazy Java programmers then you'd better use
US7ASCII as your character set.