RE: When do system events become effective?

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 09:37:57 -0400

Generally speaking most events set at the system level will take effect only
for new sessions.

It is possible to set trace (event 10046) on for an already running session.

How do I switch on sql trace in another session that is already running?
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/alien_trace.html

Oradebug has this capability.

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148