Re: What would you do with 8 disks?

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: david.best@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 01:06:22 -0300

If these are 8 external disks, then RAID 0+1 is the best choice (IMHO)
since you have both performance and redudnacy. RAID5 should only be
used with SAN boxes, which use it whether you like it or not. and OS
can be on RAID1 if you need redundancy... I/O on those fs is not
*that* critical anyway.

hth
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional