Re: What utilities/tools do you use to Organize Oracle Articles/Tips?

  • From: David Mann <dmann99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 14:45:08 -0400

This might be a little off the mark but I am experimenting with
keeping my e-books, white papers, pdfs, slides, etc in a program
called Calibre. Inside Calibre I am seeing it can search on tags or
comments you create for each cataloged item... Not sure if there is a
full text search available but I do know Calibre has some plugins
available for it.

http://calibre-ebook.com/about#features

The nice part is the conversion feature. My library consists of some
formats my e-Reader cannot handle and out of the box Calibre has a
conversion engine that works pretty well. For example I have a lot of
OReilly books in .CHM help file format. These are easily readable on
PCs. They can be opened with CHMox on Mac/OSX. But other than that
they are pretty useless. Calibre converted them to a format my Kindle
could handle so I am not stuck booting up a PC to get at the info or
if I want to read them on the go.

-Dave

--
Dave Mann