Re: What options are available for connection pooling?

  • From: "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:18:46 -0500

Ryan,

I agree with Raj. The key question to ask the developers is "what are you
using to perform the application server task?". I'm not current with what
Microsoft is using for this function in the dot.net arena. But you want them
to either use an application server or have something that performs the
functions of an application server (such as connection pooling). It just
isn't practical to write your own connection pool or create a serious
application without an application server.

Dennis Williams