What is listening on port 1837 on OMS?

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:34:12 -0500 (CDT)

Hey all,

I've just gone production with Grid Control 10.2.0.3.0 on Ora-Linux EL4
(sympathies accepted).  As I'm snooping around, I see that it's warning me
that port 1837 is open on the OMS.  Metalinking that number comes up with
nothing.  Googling that number comes up with an association with "csoft1",
but no further results inquiring on that.  Tahiti also came up with no
results.

"netstat -lvee" shows that the LISTEN is by user root and has an associated
inode.  Doing a "find / -inum <inode-number>" (only "/" for mounts on this
system) comes up with nothing.  I also tried "find / -print0|xargs ls -|grep
<inode>" in case the first find had issues with /proc or /sys, but still no
luck.

That's the extent of my troubleshooting knowledge on this.  Anyone have a
suggestion as to where I look from here?

TIA!
Rich