Re: What is WRI$_ADV_SQLW_COLVOL and how is it populated?

  • From: "John Kanagaraj" <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 14:04:34 -0700

Charles,

This table may be related to the Summary Advisor (DBMS_OLAP) tool. Can
you determine if this holds any values after you collect a workload?

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc

Disappointment is always inevitable; Discouragement is invariably optional

On 8/30/06, Charles Schultz <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not finding anything online. I was looking for a dictionary view that might
help me see how volatile a particular column was. sys.col_usage$ can show me
when it is used in predicates, and dba_tab_modifications can show me how
often a table is updated, but I am looking for something in between. Came
across this object, but no data. I was hoping that statistics_level=all
would show me some data, but so for my testing has not born any fruit.

If there is a better source to go against, please let me know. I thought
about logminer, but I rather go with a less intrusive method if at all
possible.

TIA

SQL > desc WRI$_ADV_SQLW_COLVOL
 Name
                   Null?    Type
--------
 WORKLOAD_ID
                   NOT NULL NUMBER
 TABLE_OWNER#
                            NUMBER
 TABLE#
                   NOT NULL NUMBER
 COL#
                   NOT NULL NUMBER
 UPD_FREQ
                            NUMBER
 UPD_ROWS
                            NUMBER

SQL > select count(*) from WRI$_ADV_SQLW_COLVOL;

  COUNT(*)
----------
         0

SQL > select * from v$version;

BANNER
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - 64bi
PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production
CORE    10.2.0.2.0      Production
TNS for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production

-- Charles Schultz
--
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l