What happens to Oracle when sys.aud$ table or Oracle OS Audit file reaches storage capacity?

  • From: "Arnold, Sandra" <ArnoldS@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:43:13 -0500

I am writing an Oracle Security Test plan.  One of the controls requires Oracle
to stop processing transactions if the Oracle OS Audit files or the sys.aud$
table reaches storage capacity.  I cannot find any documentation that lets me
know what happens to Oracle when this occurs.  Does Oracle react the same way
as when the Archive Log area reaches storage capacity?  The version of Oracle
that I am using is 11.2.0.1 on Linux x86-64.

Thanks,

Sandra Arnold
Sr. Database Administrator
OSTI/DOE