What happened to Monocle?

  • From: Janine Ohmer <janine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:53:06 -0700

I've been using Nagios to monitor Oracle, but am not real happy with the plugin
I'm using, or the complexity of Nagios configuration in general.  So I was
googling around for alternatives and found this:

https://code.bluegecko.net/wiki/Monocle

Unfortunately, it turns out that version 1.0 was released in 2008, and the 1.1
release, which was supposed to happen mere weeks later, never came.  I'd love
to know what went wrong, from a purely curiosity point of view, and I'd also
like to know what other monitoring solutions are out there.

I don't need anything ultra-sophisticated - just something that will let me
know if a tablespace is running out of room, or if there's an error in the
alert log, that sort of thing.

thanks,

janine