RE: Weird listener behavior (9.2.0.4)

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:36:23 -0400

Stephane,

        It appears that we have found the problem, which even OTS missed.  Like
=
I stated in the original message, I had built a new database instance =
over the weekend.  Now, how many of you copy from one instance to =
another when creating new, especially things like init.ora files?  Well, =
I did & I missed a parameter called "instance_name".  Therefore I ended =
up with two instances having the same "name".  The default is the SID, =
which is older version behavior & consequently I never had it in an =
init.ora file.  Well in 9i it's there & I missed it.  Thankfully it's a =
changeable parameter, just needs an instance restart.  Problem fixed.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA