RE: Weird database hanging

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <don@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 14:40:55 -0700

If the database was hanging on archived logs, wouldn't you have seen a
lot of 'log file switch (archiving needed)' wait events?  I haven't
looked back through the whole thread, but I don't remember any mention
of log file wait events - only change block tracking wait events.  Is
your change block tracking file also on disk that was being reconfigured
and paused?