Weird OS Permissions Problem.

  • From: "Ben Sauer" <SauerBL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:38:58 -0600

Hi all, I'm a newcomer to the list.
Having a weird problem and hoping somebody can help.  It's on Oracle 8i.
The production database is on Windows NT Server and a mirrored copy (same
ora.init same sqlnet.ora etc.) is on Windows 2000.  We wanted to utilize Java
so
we installed it on a fresh copy of Test.  Worked fine, only hitch was that we
had to add the user account to the ora_dba group to upload scripts in the
PLSQL.jar file using loadjava because it's got protected scripts.  On the NT
Server we hit the same wall but adding into the ORA_DBA group didn't solve the
problem.

So I've played around with it for a while but couldn't come up with a
solution.
 I did discover that I can't log in as sysdba at all; not on that machine, not
from OEM on my workstation, not from SQLPLUSw; but I can get into the test box
which seems to have the exact same settings.  It's a production box so I'd
like
a solution that'll work without taking it down.  If not something that I could
reproduce on the 2000 box would be nice so I could test the solution before
trying it at midnight on Friday, and if not that, just knowing what was going
on
would be good.

Thanks very much anybody,

Ben.
This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.