Re: Weird "ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel" during parse

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 17:53:21 -0400

If you use adrci "show incidents" command, you will most likely see your friendly neighborhood ORA-00600 or ORA-07445 errors.

Then you can use "ips pack incident <incident id> in /tmp", open a new SR and upload the incident file as a level 2 incident. After approximately 3 days you will get a junior analyst who will ask you to upload TFA data because Oracle Support analysts generally speaking prefer TFA to ADRCI. It's a matter of personal preference and you are required to respect that. Then, you will call the support and request a senior analyst who will keep asking for new data and will not devote much time to whatever you upload. If you are lucky you will get somewhere in 6 months. You see, your version is old and Oracle devotes the most attention to the current version. My guess is that the support purgatory is their subtle way of motivating you to upgrade to 19c.

On 3/25/21 10:12 AM, Kim Berg Hansen wrote:

Hi, List

I have an ORA-03113 error on a Windows 12.1.0.2 that seems to happen during parse?
I don't have a good idea about what happens, so any ideas would be nice.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant