RE: Weekend Crunch Help - Freelist Groups

  • From: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Ethan.Post@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:35:35 +0200

Ethan

>ORA-03237: Initial Extent of specified size cannot be allocated in tablespace
>
>Running import from a 9.2.0.4 dump file into a 9.2.0.4 database with a 8k
>block size. Keep getting
>this error because freelist groups is set to 10 in the import file. If I take
>a copy of the
>statement and lower the FLG to 4 it works. It is going into a LMT with a 64K
>extent size, it is
>trying to make a 128K object, however I thought it should just ignore the
>storage on the import
>file (at least the extent size), how does FLG effect this?

The freelist group blocks have to be allocated just after the segment header
block in the *first* extent. Since in your case the extents have only 8 blocks,
you cannot specify 10 freelists groups. You should either change the size of
the extents or lower the number of freelist groups.

HTH
Chris

PS: If I don't reply to further posts on this or others threads, it's simple
because I'll spend the next 5 weeks traveling in Scandinavia :-)