Weekend Crunch Help - Freelist Groups

  • From: "Post, Ethan" <Ethan.Post@xxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:33:28 -0500

ORA-03237: Initial Extent of specified size cannot be allocated in
tablespace

Running import from a 9.2.0.4 dump file into a 9.2.0.4 database with a
8k block size. Keep getting this error because freelist groups is set to
10 in the import file. If I take a copy of the statement and lower the
FLG to 4 it works. It is going into a LMT with a 64K extent size, it is
trying to make a 128K object, however I thought it should just ignore
the storage on the import file (at least the extent size), how does FLG
effect this?