Webified version of runstats

  • From: Morten Egan <oracle@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 08:35:05 +0200

Hi,
A couple of weeks ago, I had to run a couple tests at a customer. Having to
compare a couple changes, I quickly jumped to good old runstats by Tom Kyte
(runstats
download<http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/apex/ASKTOM.download_file?p_file=6551378329289980701>).
But the customer boss, was one of those bosses that wanted pretty graphics,
and sqlplus just didn't impress him that much :) So I had to create a
reporting interface to the session statistics data, and show it in a more
"boss-friendly" way.

So I wrote up a small script, that uploads the data to a webserver, and
added a couple of things to it, over the last few weekends. It's now at a
point where I think other people might use it for something. It's
completely free (as in beer), and works with or without registration. If
you're interested it's located here:
http://www.dbping.com/stats/compare_ui.welcome

--
Regards,