WebCache not starting for Grid Control 10

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 09:29:14 -0500 (CDT)

Hey all,

I'm attempting to upgrade the OS on my Grid Control 10.2.0.3 box from OEL4
to EL5 (if I got the changing acronyms correct).  Of course, there IS NO
method of migrating, so I need to configure a new box, which I have, in
VirtualBox for testing.

I installed EL5 and the oracle-validated package, then copied over the
ORACLE_HOME, database files, and /etc/ora* files.  The listener, database,
and agent all started fine.  The OMS only partially started, due to the
missing libdb.so.2 symlink.  Fixed that and everything now works, but Web
Cache and Web Cache Admin do not start on the "opnmctl startall":

I checked the $OH/opmn/logs/WebCache* log files, but they just say:

    --------
    11/11/04 08:34:30 Start process
    --------

    Oracle Application Server Web Cache 10g (10.1.2)
    Copyright (c) 1999, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

I've looked through other log files, but without knowing what I'm looking
for, nothing seemingly related pops out at me.

Thoughts?  (Other than "just forget it -- you don't need WebCache")

Rich