Re: Way to create large block size under LINUX for ORACLE dataabase??

  • From: zhu chao <zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jametong@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:51:49 -0800

The matrix above is out of date. At least for Ext3Filesystem, single file
can be much larger than 2gb. And solaris should only support 4k/8k
blocksize?(even for vxfs).

Bigger blocksize doesnot always means better performance.
And if you really want big block size, you can always go with raw device.
Which does not have such a concept.

--
Regards
Zhu Chao