Re: Way to create large block size under LINUX for ORACLE dataabase??

  • From: jame tong <jametong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:57:00 +0800

The block size is file system specific.

I just know that xfs can use block size greater than 4k in linux .

Refered From  http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue55/florido.html

 Max. file system size Block sizes Max. file size  XFS 18 thousand
petabytes 512
bytes to 64KB 9 thousand petabytes  JFS 512 bytes blocks / 4 petabytes 512,
1024, 2048, 4096 bytes 512 Tb with 512 bytes blocks  4KB blocks / 32
petabytes 4 petabytes with 4KB blocks  ReiserFS 4GB of blocks, 16 Tb Up to
64KB
Currently fixed 4KB 4GB, 2^10 petabytes in ReiserFS (3.6.xx)  Ext3FS 4Tb
 1KB-4KB 2GB