Was: awr history: Now: Script to trend the Estimated GC Traffic

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:17:45 -0800

Hi all,

> Do you have a sample of a report that you generate,
> that you could pass along ?

Better still - Let me post the script I use (attached). A little bit
about this script: I originally wrote the framework of this script for
STATSPACK. The idea was to use the Analytic function LAG to get the
right snap id (the script caters for Db restarts in between), and use
that to drive whatever SQL cursor is required to get the right rows
from the DBA_HIST_% tables (or the STATS$_ tables) as the case may be.
One version generates the Top 5 Timed Event, another variation trends
Wait events and Sysstats, etc. This specific one uses DBA_HIST_SYSSTAT
and DBA_HIST_DLM_MISC to extract not just the Estimated Interconnect
Traffic but the CR/CURR messages and block stats that are used to
derive this value.

Karl: I believe this script will show you what you are looking for.
And as I said before, STATSPACK pretty much exposes the underlying
views and logic.....

Regards,
--
John Kanagaraj <><