Re: Warning(2653,58): PLW-07202: bind type would result in conversion away from column type

  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Kim Berg Hansen" <kibeha@xxxxxxxxx>, rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 14:15:07 +0000

This is a delete statment from a package I was asked to fix and tune (there are
many opportunities for tuning this statement but thats out of the scope of this
question.)
ddocname is a column in the table reta_month defined at varchar2(100)
shr_month is a table with the column ddocname defined as varchar2(100)
DELETE
FROM shr_month
WHERE ddocname IN
(
SELECT ddocname
FROM mcu_metadata
WHERE formtype ='SHR'
AND packagename = i_vc_package_ddocname
)
AND
(
DATA_YEAR, MONTH_NUM, AGENCY_ID
)
NOT IN
(
SELECT agency_id
, data_year
, month_num
FROM reta_month
WHERE data_home='C'
AND ddocname LIKE SUBSTR(shr_month.ddocname, 1, 14) || '%'
)
AND data_home='H';

Robert P. LockardOracle ACEPresident Oraclewizard.com, Inc.
"When given the choice between two evils, I always take the one I have not
tried." Mae West
(cell) 571.276.4790
(office) 410.766.6960
(fax) 410.766.0332