RE: Wanted - pointers to Good articles on P_A_T

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'rjamya@xxxxxxxxx'" <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>, Oracle Discussion List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:23:09 -0800

Raj,

>Any pointers to good articles on using and sizing P_A_T? config is
>9204/AIX/RAC. In one of the DBs a sr. dba has PAT enabled, but
>occasionally the DB throws ora-4031 and we end up bouncing the

Might be worth checking for the presence of LARGE_POOL_SIZE.... PQ buffers
use the large pool (along with MTS, RMAN and a few others?)

John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Fear connects you to the Negative, but Faith connects you to the Positive! I
Jn 4:18

** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do
not reflect those of my employer or customers **