Re: Wait on commit

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 10:25:35 -0700 (PDT)

So, do you know what happens when a commit happens? What files/processes come
into play? Having a knowledge of how the database works might be of assistance
here.

Have you run an AWR report to see what waits you are experiencing?

 Robert G. Freeman
Author:
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Feature
Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com (Oracle Press)
The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You must be LDS to apply (please don't
write to me and tell me I'm breaking the law. A church can choose to hire
members of it's own faith. Look it up if you don't believe me).